11/17/10

Rihanna: The #1's Artist




Rihanna has become a force in pop music, releasing #1 hits faster than any other artist in the past 15 years.. Her latest tune What's My Name feat Drake, has landed Rihanna her 8th #1 hit on Billboard Hot 100 Charts. Rihanna burst on the music scene in 2005 with her debut album, and has been burning up the charts one by one ever since. In 5 years 8 #1 singles, with a shuin for more to come? Pretty impressive. This latest accomplishment by Rhi Rhi has her creeping up on some major artists, such as Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and MJ.

Rihanna's list of number #1 hits include:

SOS May 13, 2006 (one week)
Take a Bow, July 5, 2008 (three weeks)
Disturbia, Oct. 4, 2008 (three weeks)
Live Your Life, Dec. 27, 2008 (two weeks) (T.I. featuring Rihanna)
Rude Boy, May 8, 2010 (two weeks)
Love the Way You Lie, Aug. 21, 2010 (current) (Eminem featuring Rihanna) 
What's My Name November 10, 2010 (feat Drake)

Rihanna's latest album Loud was released on Tuesday, and I have the album preview available for you below:





S&M


What's My Name (Feat. Drake)



Cheers (Drink To That)




Fading


Only Girl (In The World)


California King Bed


Man Down


Raining Men (Feat. Nicki Minaj)


Complicated


Skin



Love The Way You Lie (Part II) (Feat. Eminem)



Diva78 Sound-off-
 
-I had a chance to listen to Loud, and I must say that I am quite impressed how Rihanna has grown vocally. Loud is a far cry from the "ever so dark" Rated R. My favorite songs so far is Man Down and California King Bed. I never thought I say this, but a solid effort from Rihanna.-

I give Loud  4 out of 5 stars

What is your favorite song from'Loud'
S and M
What's My Name (Feat. Drake)
Cheers (Drink To That)
Fading
Only Girl (In The World)
California King Bed
Raining Men (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
Complicated
Skin
Love The Way You Lie (Part II) (Feat. Eminem)




  

3 comments:

  1. you should get your facts str8 before you blog..I hate when people dont get facts right..It took Mariah a shorter period of time to collect her 8 #1 singles than it did Rihanna..please correct your false information

    ReplyDelete
  2. and she dosent have more #1s than Madonna.. FAIL again..you shouldnt be a blogger if your gonna spread false information..

    you would be pissed if you saw bloggers spreading false information about Whitney, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rihanna has reached 8 # 1 hits in less than 5 years, are you trying to say Mariah has done that? Hell the only other person who has had a faster push like that was Whitney with her 7 consecutive # 1 hits. I guess you followed me over to my blog too. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...